Dee J. Kelly, Jr.
Dee J. Kelly, Jr. is the Managing Partner of the firm. His practice centers upon civil litigation at both the trial and appellate levels in a broad range of commercial matters. He also maintains an active administrative law practice representing parties before state and federal agencies. Mr. Kelly is a lifelong resident of Fort Worth, Texas.
Mr. Kelly is a Master Member of the Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court and a trustee of the Center for American International Law. He has been named by Texas Monthly magazine as a "Texas Super Lawyer" every year since 2003 and recognized as an "Attorney of Excellence" by the Fort Worth Business Press for over ten years. In 2011, Mr. Kelly was named one of Fort Worth’s "Power Attorneys" by the Fort Worth Business Press. He previously served on the Board of Trustees for AMR Investment Services, Inc. and was named by President George W. Bush to a three-year term on the Board of Governors of the United Service Organizations (USO). Mr. Kelly fulfills his commitment to the community through his service on the Boards of the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce, Southwestern Exposition and Livestock Show, Fort Worth Zoological Association and the Van Cliburn Foundation. Mr. Kelly is former President of the Board of Trustees of All Saints Episcopal School of Fort Worth.
Mr. Kelly is actively engaged in the political process, having served as chair of numerous candidate committees in local, state and national elections.
Experience and highlights
Lead trial counsel in many complex litigation matters, including:
- Representing major transportation company in a wide variety of matters, including litigation over protection of intellectual property and online distribution rights;
- Successfully defending class action suits involving public company disclosures and securities violations;
- Representing public and private oil and gas companies in a variety of contractual, environmental and personal injury disputes;
- Representing municipal governments and elected officials in a variety of matters;
- Representing companies in disputes over employee theft, conversion of business opportunities, and fraud claims; and
- Active appellate practice before local, state and administrative courts.
Affiliations and honors
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Charter Member
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Texas Supreme Court Historical Society, Charter Fellow
- Eldon B. Mahon Inn Of Court, Master Member
- Center for American and International Law, Trustee
- Named the Best Lawyers’ 2014 Dallas Administrative / Regulatory Law "Lawyer of the Year."
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2007-2014
- Recognized as "Texas Super Lawyer" by Thomson Reuters, published in Texas Monthly magazine, 2003-2013
- Selected as a "Top Attorney" by Fort Worth, Texas magazine, 2006-2012
- Named an "Attorney of Excellence" by the Fort Worth Business Press, 2003-2012
- Honored as "Power Attorney" by the Fort Worth Business Press, 2012
- Court Advisory Committee for the Northern District of Texas
- All Saints Episcopal School, Former President of the Board of Trustees
- Trinity Improvement Association, Former Chairman
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce; Board Member, Former Chairman of the Economic Development Committee
- Southwestern Exposition and Livestock Show, Board Member
- Fort Worth Zoological Association Executive Committee, Board Member
- Worthington National Bank, Board Member
- Cotton Bowl Athletic Association, Board Member
- Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra Association, Board Member
- Van Cliburn Foundation; Board Member, Executive Committee
- Streams and Valleys, Former Chairman
- The University of Texas, Chancellor's Counsel
- The University of Texas, College of Liberal Arts,Dean's Advisory Committee
- Safe City Commission, Board Member
- United Way of Tarrant County, Former Board Member
- United Service Organizations (USO), Board of Governors, 2004-2007
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1985
- The University of Texas, B.A., with honors, 1982
- State Bar of Texas, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas